who is Cognition?
We are a multidisciplinary RIBA Chartered architecture studio based in London and was initially founded in 2014 and relaunched in 2016.
what does Cognition do?
We are renowned for our unique buildings and our commitment to design excellence and innovation, which we have developed in work across the residential, commercial and sports markets
how does Cognition work?
We implement the latest technologies at the forefront of the architectural design industry, including BIM, to deliver our schemes.
why is Cognition here?
Our aim is to develop functional and aesthetically pleasing buildings that serve the purposes of its users and the wider public for many years to come.
- Experience working with Homeowners, Architects, Developers and Local Authorities on challenging and complex sites.
- Track record of designing and delivering projects that raise aspirations and change perceptions of housing in challenging environments.
- Extensive experience in Design, Planning and Construction stages.
- At the forefront of housing design in the UK, respected by peers and critics alike.
- Practice of people, all focused on housing, mixed-use and masterplanning projects as well as research.
- A Practice that understands the commercial aspects of development as in 2017 we launched a property development sister company, which has delivered schemes across London.
Cognition is an independent practice at the forefront of housing design, technological innovation and other major projects across London.
Our work – including masterplans, urban regeneration programmes, mixed-use and tenure housing and estate renewal projects – range from £300,000 to £1bn in value. We have an impressive track record of designing projects in the most challenging locations that have previously stalled or were historically unviable. We have always been motivated to achieve the highest design and social outcomes on all of our schemes. These outcomes can be mutually beneficial and through working with local residents & stakeholders, good design and strategic thinking can help improve the built fabric and social & economic life of London.
David has taught mentees extensively, but practice and building have been a paramount focus. He maintains a hands-on role and is actively involved in all projects. The knowledge and understanding the practice has developed are bookmarked by pursuing our own successful property developments.
David Adjei PG Dip MArch BArch (Hons) RIBA ARB
Director & Founder